(First stable a OpenNMS 2.0 cleanup list)
Revision as of 16:16, 7 August 2012
The plan is to make the next stable release OpenNMS 2.0. Before that happens there is a lot of clean up that should be done to make OpenNMS easier to use. Here is a list of some ideas. They should be updated with a link to a Jira issue for tracking the task once it is agreed upon. Please use the talk tab for discussion.
- Deprecate vacuumd. All of the required functionality can be done with alarms and no trigger.
- Deprecate actiond. It is seldom, if ever, used. Functionality is supplied by notifd
- Deprecate ad hoc reports in lieu of the real time grapher
- Deprecate the maps.enable file
- Rename snmp-graph.properties to just graph.properties and combine it with response-graph.properties.
- Rename datacollection-config.xml to snmp-datacollection-config.xml
- Standardize on a way to include/exclude configurations. Either use "include" tags like in datacollection-config and eventconf or an include directory like snmp-graph.properties.d
- Add a ReST command to turn notices on and off.
- Make sure manage/unmange services just work.
- Create a superuser ROLE that can restart daemons from the webUI
- Make sure all daemon configs can be reloaded without restarting OpenNMS