Conventions and Methodologies
- Pair Programming
- Code conventions
- Definition of common metaphors and conventions
- Test conventions: Unit tests and integration tests
- DAO conventions
- Continuous integration
- Contributor Agreement: All contributors must sign this agreement before their code can be integrated in the main OpenNMS codebase.
- Why PostgreSQL: Why we use the PostgreSQL database and what is involved in moving to other databases.
- Developing with Git: How to access the source code and submit contributions as patches
- Building OpenNMS
- Building iplike
- Building FAQ: If you have problems building, go here
- How to make builds faster
- Integrating with OpenNMS
- Eclipse and OpenNMS
- IDEA and OpenNMS
- Making DAO tests run
- Hacking the webapp
- Creating a Collector
- OpenNMS on OpenJDK6
- Compiling for PPC64
- Running Unit Tests
These are old development docs that don't have much relevancy for current development.
- OpenNMS 1.3-era Project Plan
- OpenNMS 1.3
- Our work in progress page lists OpenNMS developers and what they are currently working on.
- Object Model: Improving OpenNMS with Domain Driven Architecture
- Native Code Packaging Changes
- OpenLaszlo and REST
- IPv6 Support
- "Test Driven Development: By Example" by Kent Beck
- "Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code" by Martin Fowler