In the last week we worked on minion, topology maps, BSM, UI updates, discovery, and event configuration.
Github Project Updates
Chandra did more work on making detectors run on Minions.
Topology Maps and Business Service Monitor
Markus, Dustin, Jesse, and Christian spent more time on custom (GraphML) edge provider support in the topology UI. Markus also continued his work improving performance and memory leak issues in the topology UI. Jesse added a new "grid" layout.
Seth has been working on a rewritten outage list component.
Seth has been working on fixing up some regressions and foreign-source-handling cleanup in the discovery code. He also fixed discovery configuration to allow specifying a default monitoring location.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Dev-Jam 2016 is sneaking up on is, but there is still plenty of time to join us in Minnesota. For more information, see The Dev-Jam 2016 wiki page. Mike Huot has written up a proposal letter you can use to help explain to management why attending Dev-Jam is a good idea. Feel free to copy this letter and join us in Minnesota this year!
If you wish to speak at OUCE 2016, the deadline for submitting a talk is August 1st, 2016. You can find out more about submitting your talk here.
The OpenNMS Group has moved the next training session in Pittsboro, NC to August 15th through 19th. For more details on OpenNMS training and signing up, see The OpenNMS.com training page.
OUCE 2016 will be at the University of Applied Science in Fulda, Germany from September 13th through 15th. More details will be posted as we get closer to the event.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-801: Document the Usage of the GraphMLTopologyProvider
- HZN-808: HZN-793 Implement a (dummy) edge status provider using JSR 223 in combination with the GraphML Topology Provider
- HZN-809: HZN-793 Implement the possibility to inject the status provided by the JSR223 Edge Status Provider to the eges in the UI
- HZN-810: HZN-793 Implement a (real) example using the JSR223 edge status provider
- HZN-821: Manually trigger remote detectors via the Karaf shell in OpeNMS
- HZN-825: Besides nodeID also support foreignSource and foreignId on a GraphMLVertex
- HZN-834: Add a new grid layout
- NMS-2034: categoryName requirements cannot be ored with other requirements in categories.xml rules
- NMS-6946: It is not possible to add another interface to a node if the node already has an interface "127.0.0.1"
- NMS-8187: VMware-ManagedEntity does not work with VMware 6
- NMS-8370: Renaming a root business services does not work anymore
- NMS-8416: Karaf log level is DEBUG in stable
- NMS-8474: Ensure the GenericInfoPanelItemProvider and GraphMLEdgeStatusProvider are run within a Transaction
- NMS-8481: GraphMLRestService should check for existance but loads the Graph instead
- NMS-8541: blank label in "Threshold Function Details" window
- NMS-8588: Resizing browser window causes Topology UI to refresh itself needlessly
- NMS-8589: Topology Map is very very slow
- NMS-8590: Make custom event parameters expandable