In the last week we worked on dependency updates, Minion, Elasticsearch, and bug fixing.
Github Project Updates
Jesse did some more work on upgrading to the latest Jetty and Camel. He also updated HikariCP to the latest version and made it our default pooling implementation, rather than C3P0.
Chandra continued his work on tracking Minion system registration and location support in
snmp-config.xml. I worked on packaging-related issues in Minion (configuring startup, fixing assembly-only builds, etc).
Craig and Seth did more work on forwarding events to Elasticsearch.
We've been spending time fixing a bunch of smaller bugs and starting to identify blockers for 19.0.0, due in the next few months.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Jeff will be speaking at Ohio Linux Fest on the current state of OpenNMS and what we're planning for the future.
Jeff will be giving a talk about Newts, the time-series data store designed and built for OpenNMS.
Tarus will be speaking at the All Things Open conference on the subject of The Internet of Silos. A number of OpenNMS folks will be in attendance, so if you see us, don't hesitate to say "hi." We'll be sponsoring an evening concert of MC Frontalot and The Doubleclicks at King's Barcade Wednesday night.
Jeff will be speaking at OSMC on the current state of OpenNMS and what we're planning for the future.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-410: getting ICMP working in non-root environment
- HZN-617: RPM packages should cleanly uninstall
- HZN-872: "monitoringSystemAdded" event should be sent when Minion connects
- HZN-873: "monitoringSystemLocationUpdated" event when Location is changed
- HZN-874: "monitoringSystemDeleted" when a Minion is removed
- HZN-881: Make pollerd location aware
- HZN-882: Add support for customizing JVM argument and system properties
- HZN-884: Cascade Searching
- HZN-886: Double click on edge API
- NMS-5689: "Pinger already registered" warning when changing Discovery config
- NMS-6538: Snmp Collection does not start
- NMS-7913: JMX Datacollection Config Generator Test Race Condition
- NMS-8047: OpenNMS alarm's clear-key can't clear several events
- NMS-8136: Heatmap box doesn't format correctly when browser window is resized (zoomed)
- NMS-8338: Elasticsearch and AMQP DefaultEventForwarder classes need @InOnly interface
- NMS-8412: minion build fails with makerpm.sh -a
- NMS-8585: Backshift graphs bleed over the div when viewed via the dashboard
- NMS-8663: Difficulty identifying multiple edges between vertices in Topology UI
- NMS-8693: Add ReST Elastic Search Alarms to Foundation2016
- NMS-8696: Guava upgrade breaks Elasticsearch forwarding
- NMS-8711: Search web page doesn't talk about searching IPv6 addresses
- NMS-8742: Add documentation for Mattermost/Slack notifications
- NMS-8744: Trapd JMX trap counters don't count traps
- NMS-8747: Use HikariCP as the default connection factory