In the last week we worked on maps, various internal fixes, ReST, the Minion, and bug fixes.
Github Project Updates
Markus made it possible to persist topology map layouts to the database so they can be modified.
Jesse did some more work on upgrading to Jetty 9.4. David Schlenk cleaned up some unit test issues including time-zone handling and the flags for running ping tests. Christian made it possible to show the web headers even when embedded inside an iframe.
Dustin changed the ReST API so you can log in using a GET request. Jesse fixed a bug in the measurements API attempting an RRD XPORT even when there is nothing to fetch. Christian added a ReST API for triggering a discovery ping-sweep.
Chandra's work on a ping sweep RPC module was merged into develop. He also made the location configurable on the SNMP agent admin. Jesse cleaned up the IP:nodeId cache including fixing null-foreign-source handling, and also improved locking.
We've been spending time fixing a bunch of smaller bugs and starting to identify blockers for 19.0.0, due in the next few months.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Jeff will be speaking at OSMC on the current state of OpenNMS and what we're planning for the future.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-790: Allow the “browser tab section” to be toggled/hidden
- HZN-917: WMI failure
- HZN-921: User can save the layout of the topology
- HZN-924: test in poller/client-rpc assumes it's being run in the eastern US
- HZN-926: Deprecate the SnmpAgentConfigFactory.getAgentConfig(InetAddress) method
- HZN-929: Display the header when viewing the WebUI in an iframe
- HZN-930: Allow login via GET requests
- NMS-8620: Restarting OMNS results in numerous SNMP outage alarms and notifications
- NMS-8665: Measurements API can fail with exception when operating in relaxed mode
- NMS-8707: Integration test for Syslogd's new-suspect-on-message in Minion environment
- NMS-8835: Discovery duplicates nodes when foreign-source is set
- NMS-8836: InterfaceToNodeCache does not properly handle null locations
- NMS-8840: Several ICMPv6 tests fail with NoRouteToHostException
- NMS-8841: Minion packages fail to install on Amazon Linux release 2016.09
- NMS-8842: Permission denied errors when starting Minion
- NMS-8843: user detection in
installis busted on some Linux systems
- NMS-8844: Minion fails to start when running as non-root