In the last week we worked on internals, testing, the web UI, and bug fixes.
Github Project Updates
Internals and Testing
Dustin cleaned up a couple of strategy tests. I worked on improving the very flappy BSM smoke tests. Markus fixed a performance problem in looking up a large number of reduction keys at BSM startup. Dustin continued to work on fixing resource paths to work properly on Windows. Markus did some more work on on-the-fly Jasper report/subreport compilation. Markus also fixed a filehandle leak in the JIRA ticketing plugin.
Jesse fixed rate displaying in the NRTG UI (well, technically in Backshift).
We've been spending time fixing blockers and other bugs for 19.0.0, due early this year.
Tarus and Jeff were on last week's FLOSS Weekly. You can watch or listen here.
Tarus has been working on a series of videos loosely based on the OpenNMS training courses. There is currently an introduction module and 5 more videos related to installation, startup, events, and notifications.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Tarus will be speaking on open source business at the Open Tech conference in Riga, Latvia on February 2nd.
Craig Gallen will be at FOSDEM 2017 and OpenNMS will have a booth there.
The OpenNMS Group will be holding training at OpenNMS Headquarters in Pittsboro, NC, USA the week of February 27th, 2017.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-985: Add location column to alarm list in UI
- HZN-987: Add location column to notifications list in UI
- HZN-988: Add location awareness to path outages
- NMS-6284: Karaf log is separate from other OpenNMS logs
- NMS-8620: Restarting OMNS results in numerous SNMP outage alarms and notifications
- NMS-8778: SyslogTest.canReceiveSyslogMessages() failed with AMQ classloader error
- NMS-8907: Invalid graph templates
- NMS-8947: JIRA Ticketer: java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
- NMS-8978: BSMD takes a huge amount of time to start when it has a large amount of services
- NMS-9001: BSM documentation: explanation of threshold menu is missing
- NMS-9005: NRT Graphing does not show SNMP counter values correctly