In the last week we worked on internals, Minion, the web UI and ReST, and bug fixes.
Github Project Updates
Ron worked on improving our SSL handling in a number of the SSL-based monitors and detectors. Jesse worked on converting our remaining Castor-based objects to JAXB. He also worked on a new collector for collecting from the Prometheus time-series database. Seth fixed JMX connections to IPv6 addresses. Seth worked on updating our Camel version to 2.14.
Jesse worked on adding JMX collection support on the Minion.
Web UI and ReST
Markus did a bit more bug fixing in the topology UI. Christian fixed a rendering bug when the heatmap and trend charts are included on the front page. Jesse fixed the issue with 19 returning a blank version number in the ReST API. He also worked on an OpenDaylight proof-of-concept integration for the topology UI.
Now that 19 is out, we've been fixing the highest-priority issues people have run into on upgrades. I fixed the
localhostmonitoring location issue, as well as issues with certain ICMP configurations. Alejandro fixed an upgrade issue that could cause user roles to not propagate to the new integrated
Horizon 19.0.1 Coming Shortly
I'm waiting for a final Integration/Smoke test run, but I plan on releasing Horizon 19.0.1 today. This should fix a number of small bugs as well as the upgrade issues some people have been seeing. Start watching for it later today.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
The OpenNMS Group will be holding training at OpenNMS Headquarters in Pittsboro, NC, USA the week of February 27th, 2017.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-626: Collect JMS queue statistics from the embedded broker via JMX
- HZN-976: Upgrade JDK for HZN 19 release
- HZN-1004: JdbcCollector support for Minion
- HZN-1024: GeoMap produces 404 error on landing page
- NMS-8505: SNMP4J logging is not enabled on Minion
- NMS-8703: Show Business Service in Topology Map generates exception
- NMS-8934: NPE in IpInterfaceScan when processing IPLike rule with IPv6 address
- NMS-9071: Jsr160ConnectionFactory doesn't work with IPv6 address
- NMS-9100: Migrate RTC related objects to JAXB instead of Castor
- NMS-9102: after an update /opt/opennms/bin/install -dis is failing on duplicate key value violates unique constraint "monitoringlocations_pkey"
- NMS-9103: Display version is blank in 19.0.0
- NMS-9109: The upgrade task for magic.users doesn't work on RPM based upgrades
- NMS-9111: Expand SNMP4J trap socket receive buffer
- NMS-9112: Pollerd continues to monitor deleted nodes
- NMS-9114: Minion throw's NullpointerException while flushing one or more aggregates in 'Trap' module.
- NMS-9119: Broken Link in Release Notes
- NMS-9123: Bundle error in output.log on startup