It's time for This Week in OpenNMS! In the last week we worked on various internal changes, the Minion, and web code.
Github Project Updates
- Seth continued working on modernizing our bundled ActiveMQ, Camel, and Karaf versions.
- Jesse added an event for knowing when alarms are deleted (and fixed BSM to track them).
- Antonio worked on more bug fixes to Enlinkd.
- Jesse added support for doing reverse DNS lookups even when a A record does not exist.
- I added support for using native JICMP/JICMP6 ping APIs to the Minion.
- Seth fixed an issue with spamming messages when the ActiveMQ connection is lost.
- Jesse fixed the heartbeat to update the "last updated" field more accurately.
- Antonio worked on improving BSM performance.
- Dustin worked on making sure the ReST APIs do not create sessions. (This will not affect using ReST APIs if you already have a session.)
- Markus did more work on his new front-page summary updates.
- Jesse worked on improving large tree visualization in the hierarchy topology layout.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Our annual developers' conference, Dev-Jam, will be held in Montreal, Canada this year. For details, please see Tarus's announcement on the OpenNMS blog. When you're ready to register, go to the registration page. See you there!
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- BSHIFT-165: Consolidated values are not updated in streaming mode
- HZN-492: Investigate adding jicmp6 support to Minion JVM
- NMS-9127: opennms stays running when during a rpm/yum/dnf update
- NMS-9203: ActiveMQ dead letter queue fills up all the available storage
- NMS-9261: Make org.opennms.newts.nan_on_counter_wrap=true by default
- NMS-9319: Update Camel code to use Netty 4
- NMS-9345: provision.pl does not create interfaces
- NMS-9361: Thresholding on WSMan datasources appears broken
- NMS-9364: BSM Admin add Edge BSM service is slow
- NMS-9368: OpenNMS Won't Start on Windows
- NMS-9369: Business service states are not properly updated when alarms are deleted
- NMS-9370: Colors on trend graph differ from OpenNMS styling
- NMS-9371: Minions generate storm of heartbeats after being disconnected from ActiveMQ for a long period of time
- NMS-9374: Insert/Update OspfElement: null value in column "ospfrouteridifindex" violates not-null constrain
- NMS-9382: Recommend using the failover: protocol when configuring Minion