It's time for This Week in OpenNMS! In the last week we worked on various internal and web UI changes.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Jesse fixed an issue with WS-Man thresholding.
- Jesse fixed an issue with the HikariCP strategy failing to get new connections with a busy database.
- Jesse did some initial work on fixing Java9 builds.
- Antonio worked on some Enlinkd and topology bugs.
- Ronny worked on documentation for the alarm alerts.
- Christian worked on the ReST session code some more.
- Craig and Jeff wrapped up the alarm alert browser support.
- Jesse worked on various web UI bugs.
The OpenNMS Group has moved offices to Apex, NC. This included moving a server closet full of equipment from one place to another and re-IP'ing a bunch of publicly-facing sites. On the bright side, we've come out the other end with faster office internet and more IPs, so Bamboo gets a real IP now... ;)
If you notice any problems, please let us know. If you join us for training in the future, you'll be happy to know we're now upstairs from a brewery. Cheers! 🍻
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Our annual developers' conference, Dev-Jam, will be held in Montreal, Canada this year. For details, please see Tarus's announcement on the OpenNMS blog. When you're ready to register, go to the registration page. See you there!
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-950: Fix WarnChecksumPolicy warnings on startup
- HZN-1065: detect server capabilities in OpenNMS.js
- HZN-1079: Upgrade the jar, source and assembly Maven plugins
- NMS-8093: Privilege Escalation Bug with Grafana Plugin
- NMS-9265: Topology Map ip like search produces duplicates
- NMS-9291: Logging for TCP output queue
- NMS-9303: Remove unused events and event definitions
- NMS-9327: Installation issues with OpenJDK JRE
- NMS-9349: VMware Provisioning Error
- NMS-9379: Improved visualization for large trees with the Hierarchy Layout
- NMS-9381: Erroneous outages/failures triggered when stopping OpenNMS
- NMS-9386: Breadcrumb for requisitions has extra "/app" in path
- NMS-9387: Increase default connection timeout for HikariCP
- NMS-9390: OpenNMS won't start after upgrade