It's time for This Week in OpenNMS! In the last week we worked on various internals and web code.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Jesse improved agent address handling in Trapd.
- Seth worked on upgrading our internal Spring version to 4.3.
- I fixed a bug on generic resource handling.
- Alejandro fixed path-outage clearing to handle event times properly.
Web and UI
- Markus worked on changes related to accessing ReST code from the OSGi container.
- Seth did more work on ReST v2, fixing criteria handling for notifications and outages.
- Markus fixed topology IP search.
- Markus fixed ReST v2 monitoring location DELETE operations.
- Jesse added a modal "alarm details" popup to the Helm UI.
- Markus did other UI cleanup in Helm.
- Jesse worked on integrating the existing OpenNMS Grafana plugin to Helm.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Our annual developers' conference, Dev-Jam, will be held in Montreal, Canada this year. For details, please see Tarus's announcement on the OpenNMS blog. When you're ready to register, go to the registration page. See you there!
The OpenNMS Group's next training session in Apex, NC will be September 11th through 15th. For more details on OpenNMS training and to sign up, see The OpenNMS.com training page.
Tarus Balog will be the keynote speaker at Ohio Linux Fest in Columbus. His talk is titled "A Short History of an Open Source Business" and will be about the history of OpenNMS, decisions that were made, problems that were faced, and things we'd do different.
For details, see the Ohio Linux Fest announcement.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- NMS-9454: VMware provisioning not working anymore
- NMS-9460: Fix JSP issues related to JAXB update
- NMS-9475: Document the logic behind the response time value reported by the SnmpMonitor
- NMS-9493: Fix ownership of users.xml