It's time for This Week in OpenNMS! In the last week we worked on internals, documentation, and web APIs.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- I got rid of the RANCID "rws-not-configured" exception when it's not configured.
- Jesse worked on cleaning up some code in Enlinkd.
- Markus enabled the IFTTT integration in the main codebase.
- Alejandro did more work on wrapping up his Drools and BSF alarm northbounders.
- I worked on fixing integration test code to run inside docker cleanly.
- I worked on handling errors more cleanly in the SNMP table tracker.
- Ronny worked on setting up documentation in the Helm project.
Web and UI
- Seth did more work on the global search UI.
- Dustin merged his GraphML scriptable vertex code.
- Markus did more wrap-up on his front page status chart enhancements.
- Seth worked on instrumenting query metadata in the alarm ReSTv2 API.
- I implemented trouble ticket create/update/close in opennms.js.
- Jesse implemented alarm sticky note and journal editing in opennms.js and Helm.
- I implemented auto-compilation and bundling of the opennms.js and Helm projects
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Tarus Balog will be speaking at this year's AusNOG conference being held in Melbourne, Australia in September. AusNOG is the premier technical and professional networking event for Internet Service Providers, Telcos, Hosting Providers, and Content Providers in Australia. Tarus will be presenting a talk entitled "Monitoring at Scale with OpenNMS".
The OpenNMS Group's next training session in Apex, NC will be September 11th through 15th. For more details on OpenNMS training and to sign up, see The OpenNMS.com training page.
Tarus Balog will be the keynote speaker at Ohio Linux Fest in Columbus. His talk is titled "A Short History of an Open Source Business" and will be about the history of OpenNMS, decisions that were made, problems that were faced, and things we'd do different.
For details, see the Ohio Linux Fest announcement.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1063: Add scriptable vertex status support to GraphML topologies
- HZN-1073: Grafana datasource for OpenNMS alarms
- HZN-1112: IFTTT integration
- NMS-8229: OpenNMS Starts and then stops
- NMS-9328: Add status charts to index page to indicate overall status