It's time for This Week in OpenNMS! In the last week we worked on internals, documentation, and web APIs.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Dustin and Christian worked on moving event parameters into a separate table in the database.
- Jesse fixed an ordering bug in event processing that could happen when eventconf is live-reloaded.
- Jeff cleaned up his tool for importing events from CA Spectrum.
- Jesse fixed some issues with custom varbind processing in events.
- Craig did some work on improving the plugin manager to handle subscriptions and individual "product" categories.
- Antonio fixed the Enlinkd startup/lock-up bug introduced in Horizon 20.
- Jeff added documentation on supported Remedy versions for ticketing integration.
Web and UI
- Alejandro fixed a UI bug in the notification editor that was broken by JAXB changes.
- Seth continued his work on the ReSTv2 APIs.
- Alejandro made it possible to specify foreign source and foreign ID when sending events through the events ReST service.
- Markus fixed OSGi ReST services so they are not shadowed in the
- I added support for ReSTv2 to the event and node APIs in OpenNMS.js.
- I added a command-line tool to be installed by Node.js for interacting with OpenNMS instances over ReST.
- Markus fixed some bug in ReST response handling and debugging in OpenNMS.js.
- I improved comparator matching in OpenNMS.js filter processing.
- Jesse completed support for displaying, editing, and deleting sticky notes in Helm (and OpenNMS.js).
- Ronny and I set up the Helm project to have a documentation framework and get it published on docs.opennms.org.
- I added support for creating RPM and Debian packages from Helm and publishing them to the
OpenNMS yum and apt repositories (in
- Jesse did more style cleanup in the alarm panel view of Helm.
- Markus did a bunch of work improving filter configuration in Helm.
Dev-Jam 2017 Wrap-Up
We've been super busy here in OpenNMS land, so we're a bit behind on wrapping up our yearly developer conference, Dev-Jam. Tarus has finished his series of blog posts on what all went on this year, so if you haven't read them already, check them out:
Read more here: Introducing OpenNMS.js
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Tarus Balog will be speaking at this year's AusNOG conference being held in Melbourne, Australia in September. AusNOG is the premier technical and professional networking event for Internet Service Providers, Telcos, Hosting Providers, and Content Providers in Australia. Tarus will be presenting a talk entitled "Monitoring at Scale with OpenNMS".
The OpenNMS Group's next training session in Apex, NC will be September 11th through 15th. For more details on OpenNMS training and to sign up, see The OpenNMS.com training page.
Tarus Balog will be the keynote speaker at Ohio Linux Fest in Columbus. His talk is titled "A Short History of an Open Source Business" and will be about the history of OpenNMS, decisions that were made, problems that were faced, and things we'd do different.
For details, see the Ohio Linux Fest announcement.
Ronny Trommer will be speaking at OSMC with a talk titled, "Another Year with OpenNMS", discussing the progress made in the last 3 major releases of OpenNMS and what's on the roadmap going forward.
The date of his talk is not yet set, but details should be available on the schedule soon.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-6: Create initial Asciibinder layout
- HELM-7: RPM Packaging
- HELM-8: Debian Packaging
- HELM-10: Allow users to edit journal and sticky notes
- HELM-18: Add support for using template variables as query parameters
- HELM-21: Deletion of restriction does not update target filter
- HELM-22: Add support for quering all existing/supported fields of alarms when building the datasource query
- HELM-29: Help prevent upgrades to unsupported versions of Grafana
- JS-10: AlarmDao with v1 API fails when only a single alarm is present
- JS-11: add API for retrieving ReST v2 search properties
- JS-12: Debugging tests with Webstorm 2017.2 under MacOS does not work
- NMS-8046: noSuchInstance causing problems during provision scan
- NMS-8431: Security issue for all admin vaadin applications exposed as OSGI Service
- NMS-9505: EnhancedLinked blocks service startup
- NMS-9507: Using varbind to match event definition doesn't work (when using the same UEI in many definitions)
- NMS-9511: ConcurrentModificationException thrown by Statsd
- NMS-9548: initial-delay="null" when adding a new destination path
- NMS-9549: Oracle JDK 8u112 is expired