It's time for This Week in OpenNMS! In the last week we worked on internals, documentation, and web APIs.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Jeff did more work on the Twilio notification strategy.
- Craig continued his work on the OpenNMS plugin manager.
- Christian worked on moving event parms to a separate table.
- I worked on cleaning up our exception-handling in JNA ICMP code.
- I fixed an RPM bug where
users.xmlwould be overwritten upon upgrade.
- I fixed an issue where systemd service installation would fail if using RPM relocation prefixes.
- I worked on our features maven plugin to fix downloads honoring
Web and UI
- Markus did some more work on the front-page donut charts.
- Markus worked on some improvements to alarm handling in the ReST endpoints as well as exposing ticketer configuration through ReST.
- Seth did more work on the ReSTv2 APIs.
- Jesse worked on a proof-of-concept DTO implementation in the ReSTv2 APIs.
- I fixed filter parsing in opennms.js.
- I added basic support for date parameters in opennms.js.
- Markus added ticketer plugin config handling to opennms.js.
- Markus added alarm clear/escalate user support to Helm.
- Jesse cleaned up a bunch of UI issues in Helm.
- Markus fixed Helm to show ticketing operations only if ticketing is configured.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Tarus Balog will be speaking at this year's AusNOG conference being held in Melbourne, Australia in September. AusNOG is the premier technical and professional networking event for Internet Service Providers, Telcos, Hosting Providers, and Content Providers in Australia. Tarus will be presenting a talk entitled "Monitoring at Scale with OpenNMS".
The OpenNMS Group's next training session in Apex, NC will be September 11th through 15th. For more details on OpenNMS training and to sign up, see The OpenNMS.com training page.
Tarus Balog will be the keynote speaker at Ohio Linux Fest in Columbus. His talk is titled "A Short History of an Open Source Business" and will be about the history of OpenNMS, decisions that were made, problems that were faced, and things we'd do different.
For details, see the Ohio Linux Fest announcement.
Ronny Trommer will be speaking at OSMC with a talk titled, "Another Year with OpenNMS", discussing the progress made in the last 3 major releases of OpenNMS and what's on the roadmap going forward.
The date of his talk is not yet set, but details should be available on the schedule soon.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-14: Helm logo and icons
- HELM-16: Allow users to clear and escalate alarms from the alarm table panel
- HELM-20: Refresh dashboard after any updates to alarms
- HELM-30: Automatically deploy .deb and .rpm packages from the master branch
- HELM-32: Use consistent term "Outstanding" vs. "Pending"
- HZN-1110: Convert Eventd TCP/UDP listeners to camel-netty4 endpoints
- JS-15: OpenNMS.js does not currently convert dates in parameters to something OpenNMS ReST can handle
- JS-17: Include the TicketerConfig in the ServerMetadata object
- NMS-8879: Updating assets/categories through ReST affects Forced Unmanaged services.
- NMS-9249: Add support for CNAME, TXT, PTR lookups to DnsResolutionMonitor
- NMS-9290: Reload Drools configuration without restart OpenNMS
- NMS-9373: Add new parameter for DNSResolutionMonitor
- NMS-9378: The neither test in DNSResolutionMonitorTest fails
- NMS-9383: DNS test-api should support more than just A or AAAA records.
- NMS-9465: add HTTPS response time datacollection and graph defintions
- NMS-9516: Update copyright date in docs
- NMS-9538: Document supported products and versions for Remedy integration
- NMS-9542: Microsoft IE and Edge doesn't like relative path on Angular apps
- NMS-9551: Eventd does not respect event configuration order when reloading
- NMS-9561: Check LOG printTopology
- NMS-9563: Donut chart status links do not work anymore
- NMS-9573: users.xml being overwritten on installation
- ORG-70: Hamburger icon on mobile is not shown correctly