It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week was more Helm wrap-up and fixing issues to prepare for the release of Meridian 2017.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Seth did some cleanup of misformatted APC eventconf entries.
- Jesse started working on adding support for Juniper Telemetry Interface.
- Christian fixed the startup path in the remote poller script.
- Seth fixed the criteria API to handle stacking join conditions.
- I fixed our DHCP handler to deal with malformed packets better.
- Seth fixed the syslog handler to parse
- Christian improved IP-address probing logic in the VMware integration.
Web and UI
- Seth fixed model update logic in the ReSTv2 API.
- I cleaned up some of our CSS to be parameterized rather than hardcoding colors.
- Jesse added an alarm detail link API to OpenNMS.js.
- Jesse fixed the OpenNMS.js Grafana adapter to properly set authentication headers.
- Jesse added support for multi-select in the Helm alarm list.
- Jesse did some other UI polishing in Helm.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Tarus Balog will be the keynote speaker at Ohio Linux Fest in Columbus. His talk is titled "A Short History of an Open Source Business" and will be about the history of OpenNMS, decisions that were made, problems that were faced, and things we'd do different.
For details, see the Ohio Linux Fest announcement.
Alejandro Galue and Tarus Balog will be representing OpenNMS at the second annual Cubaconf to be held in Havana, Cuba, in November.
Ronny Trommer will be speaking at OSMC with a talk titled, "Another Year with OpenNMS", discussing the progress made in the last 3 major releases of OpenNMS and what's on the roadmap going forward.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-3: Allow alarms to be classified by type
- HELM-28: Usability improvements to filtering
- HELM-53: Multi-select support
- HELM-55: Add a link to the associated alarm in OpenNMS
- HELM-56: Hide the ticketing tab in the alarm details modal when ticketing is not used
- HELM-58: MomentJS warning after running sample code
- HZN-1107: Could not read 'SecurityProtocols.properties' from classpath!
- HZN-1146: RESTv2 alarm endpoint: Support searching for a single event parameter key-value pair on lastEvent
- HZN-1150: Allow acknowledging alarms on behalf of another user without require admin
- NMS-5593: provisiond hangs
- NMS-9278: Finishing the implementation of the missing endpoints for ReST v2
- NMS-9497: The alarm-type for BSM event definitions is conceptually incorrect
- NMS-9587: Expose ticketing url (when enabled) via the rest endpoint
- NMS-9599: offset=0 is rendering as offset=null in ReSTv2 collections
- NMS-9609: Remove any mention of using Atomikos as a valid DB Connection Pool to avoid unwanted side effects
- NMS-9622: installing OpenNms: faillure to start the service because of the database connection