It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we did prep-work for Meridian 2017 and Horizon 20.1, as well as continuing to work on JTI integration.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Seth did more remote poller logging cleanup.
- Jesse did more work on JTI telemetry support.
- Seth updated JNA to 4.4.0.
- Dustin worked on supporting multiple nodes with the same IP in the location:IP cache.
- Seth did more work updating our embedded Karaf.
Web and UI
- Seth cleaned up parameter escaping in a few UI pages.
- I fixed opennms.js to support ReSTv2 when talking to Horizon 20.1.
- Jesse updated Helm to support Horizon 20.1.
Meridian 2017 Due This Week
Horizon 20.1 was released last week, but we decided to delay the release of Meridian 2017 as we had a few more config cleanups pending and wanted to give a bit more time for testing.
Barring any complications, we will release Meridian 2017.1.0 on Thursday of this week.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Tarus Balog will be the keynote speaker at Ohio Linux Fest in Columbus. His talk is titled "A Short History of an Open Source Business" and will be about the history of OpenNMS, decisions that were made, problems that were faced, and things we'd do different.
For details, see the Ohio Linux Fest announcement.
Alejandro Galue and Tarus Balog will be representing OpenNMS at the second annual Cubaconf to be held in Havana, Cuba, in November.
Ronny Trommer will be speaking at OSMC with a talk titled, "Another Year with OpenNMS", discussing the progress made in the last 3 major releases of OpenNMS and what's on the roadmap going forward.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1157: Upgrade to JNA 4.4.0
- NMS-9558: BridgeTopologyDaoHibernate
- NMS-9621: Remote poller logs have place holders for their names
- NMS-9624: Missing visual aid on BSM Admin Page after hitting Reload Daemon
- NMS-9636: Pristine installation with an empty content for etc/drools-engine.d/ncs which is invalid
- NMS-9637: MomentJS warning after running sample code