It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we released Meridian 2017, as well as maintenance releases of Meridian 2015 and 2016. We continued progress towards releasing Horizon 21.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Ronny continued working on migrating our documentation to AsciiBinder.
- Dustin continued working on the location:node cache.
- Jeff added support for
clear-alarmin the Spectrum event importer.
- Jeff cleaned up WS-Man collection to match WMI.
- Jeff fixed exception logging in the Slack and Mattermost notification plugins.
Web and UI
- Markus fixed a vertex rendering issue in the topology map when no vertexes match.
- Markus added the alarm ID to the event list display.
Meridian 2017 was released last Thursday. Meridian 2017 is based on Horizon 19 minus the Minion (which is slated to be officially supported in Meridian 2018), plus a number of the enhancements that went into Horizon 20.
Read more in the Meridian 2017 release announcement.
Compass 3.1 was released, adding iOS 11 support and making a bunch of performance improvements. It also now supports 1Password/LastPass auto-fill of passwords on iOS.
Finally, the Horizon OpenNMS and Minion Docker images have been updated to use OpenNMS Horizon 20.1.0. They are available on Docker Hub:
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Alejandro Galue and Tarus Balog will be representing OpenNMS at the second annual Cubaconf to be held in Havana, Cuba, in November.
Ronny Trommer will be speaking at OSMC with a talk titled, "Another Year with OpenNMS", discussing the progress made in the last 3 major releases of OpenNMS and what's on the roadmap going forward.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- NMS-9372: Incorrect sysoid for the systemDef Juniper J-Routers
- NMS-9468: Cleanup job for "provided services"
- NMS-9497: The alarm-type for BSM event definitions is conceptually incorrect
- NMS-9588: Event Delivery Error
- NMS-9640: yum error when upgrading from Meridian 2016 to Meridian 2017 with XML protocol package
- NMS-9641: Changed thresholds file in Meridian 2017
- NMS-9642: notifd-configuration file wrong in Meridian 2017
- NMS-9643: Misordered collections in datacollection-config.xml
- NMS-9644: Meridian 2017.1.0 needs some packages from yum.opennms.org repo
- NMS-9653: re-fix BSM alarm types