It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we continued progress towards Horizon 21, due this week.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Chandra worked on minion system tests for Telemetryd.
- I wrapped up my work on normalizing configuration files for Horizon 21.
- I added support for PostgreSQL 10.
- Markus added some code to the installer to verify the database and system time match.
- Christian did more work on cleaning up the location:IP cache code.
- Seth wrapped up the majority of the move to Karaf 4.1, with only custom shell commands remaining to be finished.
- I worked on a script to automate performing OpenNMS Horizon and Meridian releases.
- Ronny continued to work on moving our documentation to the Asciibinder framework.
Web and UI
- Markus added alarm ID to the event list and detail pages.
- Jesse updated our web security code to use the newest version of OWASP's encoder.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Alejandro Galue and Tarus Balog will be representing OpenNMS at the second annual Cubaconf to be held in Havana, Cuba, in November.
Ronny Trommer will be speaking at OSMC with a talk titled, "Another Year with OpenNMS", discussing the progress made in the last 3 major releases of OpenNMS and what's on the roadmap going forward.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-65: Templating with query does not work when storeByForeignSource is true
- HZN-1092: Upgrade to Karaf 4.1
- HZN-1160: Telemetryd
- NMS-8445: Display AlarmId on Event page
- NMS-9363: osgi-pluginmanager: Add support for OSGi R6 HTTP/Pax Web 6
- NMS-9522: RadixTreeSyslogParser confuses timezone and hostname fields
- NMS-9613: Stale IP Address Cache
- NMS-9638: opennms-webapp-remoting JARs are not signed
- NMS-9649: Align WS-Management collection definitions with WMI ones
- NMS-9666: Trap event parenting lacks bias toward SNMP primary interfaces
- NMS-9679: Check/add support for PostgreSQL 10