It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we released Horizon 21 and Meridians 2015.1.8, 2016.1.8, and 2017.1.1.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Markus worked on persisting Netflow 5 data to elasticsearch.
- Alejandro worked on implementing and Amazon SQS-based sink adapter for Minion forwarding.
Web and UI
- Seth did more work on the newer Angular-based outage list.
- Seth fixed some ReSTv2 date-handling relating to null values.
- Jeff fixed some typos in various UI elements.
- Jesse updated helm to a newer Grafana base, and improved how IDs are returned.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Alejandro Galue and Tarus Balog will be representing OpenNMS at the second annual Cubaconf to be held in Havana, Cuba, in November.
Ronny Trommer will be speaking at OSMC with a talk titled, "Another Year with OpenNMS", discussing the progress made in the last 3 major releases of OpenNMS and what's on the roadmap going forward.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1153: Tool to generate JTI traffic
- HZN-1162: Create an XSD for telemetryd-configuration.xml
- HZN-1167: Update Karaf shell API for console commands
- HZN-1169: Netflow 5 telemetryd adapter
- HZN-1173: Upgrade the embedded Karaf container to 4.1
- HZN-1174: Update Karaf shell commands in install guide
- HZN-1175: Karaf shell bundle command fails with "Insufficient credentials" error
- HZN-1176: JTI adapter for telemetryd
- NMS-6287: etc-pristine configuration format differs from webapp saved configuration
- NMS-9690: Ubiquiti support
- NMS-9696: Broken packages for Horizon 21.0.0 stable release