It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we did a lot of work on the new telemetry daemon for the Drift project, released Helm 1.0.0 packages, and did some UI cleanup work on Compass.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Alejandro continued his work implementing an Amazon SQS-based sink adapter for Minion forwarding.
- Alejandro fixed a bug where
reloadDaemonConfigFailedwere not being sent on a northbounder daemon reload.
- Chandra started adding Telemetryd support for Cisco Nexus NX-OS streams.
- Markus worked on fixing an issue with Vaadin themes being unloadable in Horizon 21.
- Seth worked on updating our Spring to 4.3.
- Markus, Christian, and Dustin did more work on Telemetryd Netflow support.
- Jesse worked on cleaning up the Minion telemetry wire protocol to be more efficient.
- mmahacek fixed a few tyops in the admin guide.
- Jonathan Heard fixed an issue with provisioning honoring default
- Markus added some additional changes to his code to validate database time at install.
- Alejandro fixed an issue generating trap configs when
- Jesse did some work refactoring our camel RPC to handle different routing strategies.
Web and UI
- Markus cleaned up some dependency issues in the topology code.
- I worked on fixing some UI issues in Compass related to rendering on iPhone X.
- We prepped Helm 1.0.0 for release.
Helm 1.0.0 Released
We are still waiting for the Grafana project to add our new plugin to the plugin registry for installation using
grafana-cli, but the RPM/deb packaged version of Helm 1.0.0 is now available. It obsoletes the original OpenNMS data source plugin, and adds a Grafana application that provides an alarm console.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Alejandro Galue and Tarus Balog will be representing OpenNMS at the second annual Cubaconf to be held in Havana, Cuba, in November.
Ronny Trommer will be speaking at OSMC with a talk titled, "Another Year with OpenNMS", discussing the progress made in the last 3 major releases of OpenNMS and what's on the roadmap going forward.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-68: Build with Grafana 4.6.0
- HELM-69: Upgrading from Bleeding to Stable removes plugin from Grafana
- HZN-1163: Improve wire format for telemetry messages from Minion
- HZN-1164: System tests for handling JTI payloads
- HZN-1170: Netflow 5 flow persistence in Elastisearch
- HZN-1171: Retrieve Netflow 5 flows and flow summaries via REST
- NMS-9448: Installer should check DB time
- NMS-9694: Typo prevents FIQL query values from being URI-encoded
- NMS-9700: Typo in regional status geo map: Unacknowledges (for unacknolwedged)
- NMS-9701: Typo: "not elegible" for SNMP primary N enumeration
- NMS-9705: Problem retrieving available plugin data
- NMS-9707: Admin Guide Typos
- NMS-9708: Telemetryd does not respond to reloadDaemonConfig events
- NMS-9716: Topology Default Theme has too many dependencies