It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we did a lot of Telemetryd work and a few other bug fixes targeting the November releases.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Jesse wrapped up the work on fixing an SNMP thread leak while provisioning.
- Alejandro fixed some logging on the branch for handling traps without descriptions.
- Alejandro and Jesse did more work on Amazon SQS code.
- Jeff wrapped up the mattermost/slack format changes.
- Jeff improved the "unable to locate resource" logs to be more helpful.
- mmahacek submitted a few more documentation fixes.
- I fixed some NPEs in the surveillance view editor.
- Dustin did more work on netflow support in Telemetryd.
- Jesse split out JMS components so they can be disabled on the Minion.
- Chandra continued his work on JTI support in Telemetryd.
- I fixed validation of requisitions when they are persisted.
- Jesse made it so NaN values can be marshaled & unmarshaled for collection.
Web, UI, and Mobile
- I worked on fixing ReST API issues in Compass on Android.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Alejandro Galue and Tarus Balog will be representing OpenNMS at the second annual Cubaconf to be held in Havana, Cuba, in November.
Ronny Trommer will be speaking at OSMC with a talk titled, "Another Year with OpenNMS", discussing the progress made in the last 3 major releases of OpenNMS and what's on the roadmap going forward.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- NMS-9276: Elasticsearch integration avoid parm name conflicts for severity as integer
- NMS-9362: Tweak Mattermost notification docs not to specify a channel
- NMS-9388: INFO-level "unable to locate resource" log messages for interfaces not persisted by policy
- NMS-9508: Add AsciiBinder framework and migrate the admin documentation
- NMS-9510: Migrate installation guide to AsciiBinder
- NMS-9524: Northbounders implementation are not sending feedback events for reloadDaemonConfig
- NMS-9656: Incorrect logging of exceptions in Slack and Mattermost notifications
- NMS-9691: Implement the Sink pattern using AWS SQS
- NMS-9709: Duty schedules with embedded newlines break startup
- NMS-9718: Unexpected errors while generating event definitions from TRAP-TYPE without a DESCRIPTION field
- NMS-9722: Null pointer exception in SurvellianceViewConfigurationCategoryWindow.java
- NMS-9726: Documentation error: Admin Guide 5.2.13 for Xmp refers to WMI