It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we did more Telemetryd work and a bunch of bug fixing.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Markus continued his work refactoring our JMX code to be shared as much as possible between the monitor, collection, and detector implementations.
- Jeff fixed an issue with the karaf
- Jesse fixed an intermittent JMX issue in containers.
- I fixed a couple of object-comparison bugs found while debugging other issues.
- Dustin & Christian continued their work on Netflow support.
- Seth worked on fixing the remote poller on Windows.
- Antonio fixed more Enlinkd bugs.
- Markus worked on a retry strategy for when Elasticsearch endpoints fail.
- Jesse fixed an issue with VMware import.
- Craig continued his work on adding expression support to the measurements ReST API.
- Markus continued to work on making JAX-RS work in the OSGi container.
- Markus did more work on supporting multiple users/passwords with Elasticsearch endpoints.
- Alejandro improved the workflow for cloning requisitions.
- I worked on adding support for pre-authentication in the OpenNMS web UI when behind a proxy.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1177: NX-OS adapter for telemetryd
- HZN-1192: Migrate flow adapter to osgi module
- HZN-1194: Consolidate all existing JMX Monitor/Collector/Detector implementations
- NMS-8905: MockLogAppender.setupLogging() doesn't override default log level
- NMS-9745: Karaf snmp:show-config command lists value of timeout for retries
- NMS-9748: Data-collection (Non-SNMP) broken on Minion
- NMS-9751: Intermittent startup failures in Minion due to missing org.apache.xerces.parsers bundle
- NMS-9752: Users with the MINION role cannot write to Telemetryd queues
- NMS-9753: Minion intermittently connects to localhost instead of configured broker