It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we did more work on the Drift telemetry project and other refactoring.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- I made it easier to pass additional JVM options during test builds.
- Jeff fixed it so RTC subscription events aren't persisted to the database.
- Seth continued to work on cleaning up JNLP launch of the remote poller.
- Antonio continued to work on Enlinkd bridge discovery fixes.
- Dustin and Markus continued to work on improving Netflow support in Topologyd.
- Markus finished his changes to allow more flexible auth to Elasticsearch.
- Craig did some improvements to his measurements API improvements.
- Seth did some refactoring of inner classes to Java 8 lamdas.
- Seth did more work on cleaning up our Karaf container artifacts.
- I wrapped up support for pre-authentication in the OpenNMS web UI when behind a proxy.
- Markus did more work on running ReST JAX-RS services in the OSGi container.
- Jesse worked on mocking up queries for flow data.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Tarus will be speaking at the Linuxconf Australia Systems Administration Miniconf on January 23rd.
After Linuxconf, Tarus will speak at the New Zealand Network Operators Group event at Rydges in Queenstown, NZ.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-973: Make Jaxrs work within the osgi container and allow access from the OpenNMS Jetty Container
- HZN-1182: Allow defining authentication settings per elastic endpoint
- HZN-1197: Flow index setting customization
- HZN-1204: Upgrade Maven to version 3.5
- NMS-8669: Failing when doing a one-off discovery
- NMS-9681: Powered Off VMware VMs Removed from Requisition with importVMAll=true
- NMS-9689: HEAD requests to static resources in the UI don't work
- NMS-9721: The EXE installer of the remote poller on Windows is not working
- NMS-9739: Authentication proxy support
- NMS-9743: Jexl Measurements API enhancements
- NMS-9746: JNLP Remote Poller file logging broken because of Log4j2 version
- NMS-9749: The content of the clone foreign source definition dialog is misleading
- NMS-9757: Upgrading from 21.0.0 to 21.0.1-1 Fails