It's time for This Week in OpenNMS! Apologies for missing last week but I was in Las Vegas to watch a hockey game. (No really.)
In the last two weeks we more work on the Drift telemetry project and other refactoring.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Dustin and Christian continued their work on the Netflow support in Telemetryd.
- Markus continued his work on Elasticsearch and Telemetryd.
- Markus added support for enriching flows with classification metadata from OpenNMS.
- Seth continued his work on refactoring our Karaf container builds.
- Antonio did more work on fixing issues in bridge discovery.
- Seth worked on fixing a regression in radius encryption support.
- Chandra continued to work on exposing Kafka latency metrics to OpenNMS.
- Marcel and Ronny worked on refactoring and improving our JVM data collection.
Web & UI
- Ronny worked on cleaning up and refactoring the help & support pages.
- Jesse continued to work on creating a model for ReST API access to telemetry data.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Tarus will be speaking at the Linuxconf Australia Systems Administration Miniconf on January 23rd.
After Linuxconf, Tarus will speak at the New Zealand Network Operators Group event at Rydges in Queenstown, NZ.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1195: Implement proper retry-behaviour on errors
- HZN-1196: Migrate Karaf container builds from assemblies to karaf-maven-plugin
- HZN-1210: Flow application classification
- HZN-1212: Migrate FlowRestService to run inside Karaf
- NMS-9742: IllegalStateException in OnmsVaadinContainer
- NMS-9767: Relative path reference to version.properties
- NMS-9779: error in dashboard