It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Chandra continued to work on exposing Kafka metrics to collection.
- Jesse did performance improvements when aggregating Drift data from Elasticsearch.
- Ronny cleaned up Net-SNMP collections.
- Seth worked on making our bundles load properly with blueprints.
- Ronny did more work on cleaning up the help/support page(s).
Web & UI
- Jesse worked on fixing a performance issue with the node geographical maps.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Tarus will be speaking at the Linuxconf Australia Systems Administration Miniconf on January 23rd.
After Linuxconf, Tarus will speak at the New Zealand Network Operators Group event at Rydges in Queenstown, NZ.
NETHINKS will be doing a German-language webinar on Grafana, Helm, and OpenNMS on February 21st.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1014: Combine container/standalone and container/karaf projects
- HZN-1221: Ingress and egress support for Netflow 5
- NMS-9731: Fedora 25 / 26 repo definitions identify as Fedora 24
- NMS-9792: snmp failed after restart
- NMS-9808: Bump AsciiDoc dependencies to 1.5.6
- NMS-9812: No fc27 RPMs exist
- NMS-9816: Monitor Linux disk performance with Net-SNMP by default