It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Tarus is working making a Minion appliance distro using Project Atomic.
- Ronny enhanced the Minion Docker images to allow setting credentials in a keystore file rather than through environment variables.
- Chandra continued his work on a NX-OS adapter for Telemetryd.
- Seth did more work on making a clean Gemini blueprint environment for loading OpenNMS features into Karaf.
- Markus worked on improving the performance of flow enrichment.
- Markus fixed the index strategy to not be case-sensitive.
- Chandra fixed some issues in his enhancement to add collection groups to the JMX collector.
- Dustin did more work on Netflow 9 and IPFIX support in Telemetryd.
- Chandra fixed classloading so JDBC drivers can be loaded properly by the JDBC detector.
- Antonio worked on some Enlinkd bug fixes.
- Craig did more work on bug fixes to the plugin manager.
Web & UI
- Markus did more work on the flow application definition editor and ReST API.
- I worked on an enhancement to Helm to be able to add custom actions to the alarm table context menu.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Jeff Gehlbach will be speaking at SCaLE on the current state of OpenNMS on Sunday, March 11th.
NETHINKS will be doing a German-language webinar on Grafana, Helm, and OpenNMS on February 21st.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1177: NX-OS adapter for telemetryd
- HZN-1208: Flow application definition REST API
- HZN-1220: Modify JMXCollector to save collection for a group of resources
- HZN-1236: Document the Classification Rest API
- HZN-1237: Enrichment of flows takes longer than persisting flows to elastic
- HZN-1240: IndexStrategyFactory is case-sensitive but should not be
- NMS-9699: ES REST plugin not doing preemptive basic auth
- NMS-9744: Hello, I have a problem when viewing: Maps, Topology and geographical does not show me the images.
- NMS-9824: Commands asset-topology: in Karaf console take no arguments
- NMS-9833: Minion RPM and DEB packaging completely removes Karaf data directory
- NMS-9835: bsmd: avoid processing alarm lifecycle events when no rules are defined