It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
In the last week we worked on Drift flow support and optimization, Sentinel, and other bug fixes.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- I fixed a bunch of Minion-related tests to run properly in the Meridian branch.
- Markus made some updates to the Drift classification rules and UI, as well as improving cache handling.
- I worked on creating a common Karaf container to use for both the Minion and Sentinel.
- Antonio did more work fixing bugs and improving performance in Enlinkd.
- Graeme Fowler fixed the warning for certificate expiry in the SSL certificate monitor.
- David did more work on a correlation proof-of-concept using the entity alias table to correlate inventory.
- Jesse fixed the Kafka producer alarm sync to handle alarm filters.
- Chandra did more work on the groovy script reload watcher.
- Dustin made some performance improvements to the Elasticsearch flow query engine.
- Christian worked on adding support for flow algorithms that use sampling to estimate packet statistics.
- Markus worked on fixing DAO loading for Sentinel.
Web & UI
- Chandra worked on improving the UI for showing SNMP interfaces when data is still being loaded.
- Jesse worked on fixing strafeping graphing in Backshift with Newts.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Tarus Balog will be conducting a one day workshop on OpenNMS at the Africa Network Operators group's annual Africa Internet Summit (AIS) to be held in Dakar, Senegal. The training is currently scheduled for Sunday, May 6th.
The OpenNMS developers conference, Dev-Jam, will return again this year to the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. Dev-Jam is a week of fun -- half hackathon, half social get-together. More information is available on the OpenNMS wiki and registration is now open -- please join us! All are welcome.
OUCE 2018 will be held at the Rilano Hotel in Munich, Germany. A reception will be held on Wednesday the 19th, with talks and workshops the following Thursday and Friday. The call for papers is now open for submissions.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1266: Review the definition of classification rules
- HZN-1279: Make the telemetry groovy scripts reloadable
- NMS-9964: Kafka Producer: Alarm datasync does not respect alarm filter