It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
In the last week we mostly worked on wrapping up bug fixes in anticipation of this week's releases.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Ronny continued to work on cleaning up data collection configurations.
- I did more work on Sentinel container packaging.
- Chandra continued to work on cleaning up initialization of trap handling and SNMPv3.
- Christian fixed an NPE bug in Enlinkd.
- Jeff worked on fixing updating
ack-timefrom alarm data on reduction.
Security: Horizon Docker Images Updated
Upcoming Events and Appearances
The OpenNMS developers conference, Dev-Jam, will return again this year to the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. Dev-Jam is a week of fun -- half hackathon, half social get-together. More information is available on the OpenNMS wiki and registration is now open -- please join us! All are welcome.
Craig Gallen and Ronny Trommer will be attending iNOG and the RIPE Hackathon starting Thursday, June 21st in Dublin. Join them for a fun weekend of socializing, hacking, and networking (of all kinds).
OUCE 2018 will be held at the Rilano Hotel in Munich, Germany. A reception will be held on Wednesday the 19th, with talks and workshops the following Thursday and Friday. The call for papers is now open for submissions.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1245: Update the SnmpInterfacePoller to be location aware
- HZN-1286: RPM packages for Sentinel
- HZN-1287: Debian packages for Sentinel
- HZN-1288: Tarball distribution for Sentinel
- NMS-708: Layer 2 Device Tracking Feature
- NMS-715: Interpret parameters sent in a trap to human readable text
- NMS-810: RRD name collision causes error message in collectd.log about "minimum one second step"
- NMS-827: Problem with Network Interfaces page when duplicate node labels exist
- NMS-9064: ONMS starts with broken threshold configuration file
- NMS-9506: Interface delete from a node does not work
- NMS-9678: Access Denied With Surveillance View In Ops Board
- NMS-9807: Release notes are duplicated with every release
- NMS-9852: Enlinkd startup fails due to NPE in BroadcastDomain class
- NMS-9882: PageSequenceMonitor broken in Minion
- NMS-9910: Thousands of non harmful errors on ipc.log when using Kafka
- NMS-9917: SNMP Interface Poller shows wrong information on the logs
- NMS-9946: Cannot see StrafePing graphs when using Backshift.
- NMS-9958: Correct sysoidmask lines in default datacollection files
- NMS-9959: Improve performance of newts.indexing to avoid overwhelm Cassandra cluster
- NMS-9961: foreign-id with space (%20) at end causes issues with Newts
- NMS-9962: Enhance SSLCertMonitor.java warning message
- NMS-10069: Downtime model documentation is deprecated