It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Sorry for missing it last week but I was out of town. In the last 2 weeks, we did a bunch of work on alarm infrastructure and fixing other bugs.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Patrick fixed a bug in parsing timestamps in the alarm change notifier.
- I fixed some issues in the Sentinel container packaging.
- Markus worked on getting flow support added to the Sentinel container.
- Patrick wrapped up his changes to support validating properties in
- Chandra fixed a regression handling the
auto-acknowledge-alarmtag in the Notifd configuration XML.
- Markus refactored the AWS SQS sink implementation.
- Chandra worked on consolidating Kafka client library usage.
- Chandra added support for custom date formatting in the syslog northbounder.
- Antonio continued his work refactoring and improving bridge discovery support in Enlinkd.
- Jesse worked on creating a more flexible Drools-based replacement for automation handling previously done in Vacuumd.
- Jesse and David started working on creating a new API for alarm handling and correlation called AlarmManager.
- Markus started work on an event sink API.
- Chandra worked on a Karaf shell command for filtering nodes and interfaces.
Web & UI
- Dustin and Christian did more work on improving the performance of the flow exporters ReST API.
- Patrick fixed a bug where asset record updates in the UI would not update the user that made changes.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
The OpenNMS developers conference, Dev-Jam, will return again this year to the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. Dev-Jam is a week of fun -- half hackathon, half social get-together. More information is available on the OpenNMS wiki and registration is now open -- please join us! All are welcome.
Craig Gallen and Ronny Trommer will be attending iNOG and the RIPE Hackathon starting Thursday, June 21st in Dublin. Join them for a fun weekend of socializing, hacking, and networking (of all kinds).
OUCE 2018 will be held at the Rilano Hotel in Munich, Germany. A reception will be held on Wednesday the 19th, with talks and workshops the following Thursday and Friday. The call for papers is now open for submissions.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1282: AlarmChangeNotificationClient - Unable to parse time value
- HZN-1290: Add sentinel container to system test api
- HZN-1304: Upgrade elasticsearch-drift-plugin to be compatible with ES 6.2.4
- HZN-1308: Remove database-schema.xml from etc directory
- HZN-1310: Add debian package support for elasticsearch-drift-plugin
- NMS-4254: SnmpInterfacePoller ignores max vars per PDU
- NMS-4486: Adding a node via the 'Add Node' link does not fill in the site name
- NMS-4654: PageableGrid doesn't sort multi-page correctly
- NMS-4748: Error on event list when filtering out events based on UEI
- NMS-5282: The requisition policies to enable the SNMP Poller on primary interfaces is not working
- NMS-5408: When configuring SNMP data collection, you can no longer sort column headers in 1.10.3
- NMS-6059: Scan of auto-provisioned node does not pick up nodelabel
- NMS-8413: ConcurrentModificationException in DefaultEventHandlerImpl
- NMS-9117: config-tester doesn't check opennms.properties
- NMS-9901: Column widths in KSC reports
- NMS-9913: Unregistered product specification
- NMS-9945: The zooming capabilities of the regional status map are very limited
- NMS-9954: ROLE_READONLY = Access Denied
- NMS-10085: The auto-acknowledge-alarm tag with no content doesn't work on notifd-configuration.xml
- NMS-10087: Asset record is not being updated with user name that performed the update
- NMS-10158: Provide a way to configure the date formats used by the Syslog NBI
- NMS-10161: Typos in Horizon 22.0.0 release notes
- NMS-10165: Consolidate Kafka client library versions
- NMS-10168: opennms.service failed