It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
In the last week we continued to work on an Alarmd refactor, as well as other bug fixing.
This week is OpenNMS Dev Jam, at the University of Minnesota campus. Dev Jam is a week that we get OpenNMS community folks together and have a hackathon. Traditionally, it's a combination social and work week, with people hanging out, having fun, and working on pet projects.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Chandra did more work on enhancing Karaf shell commands.
- Jesse and David continued their work on a next-generation Alarmd with full rules-based workflow management.
- Markus moved the critical path configuration from the (vestigial)
opennms-server.xmlto the poller config.
- Markus fixed the node:interface cache so it can refresh itself.
- Dustin worked on making it possible to receive multiple types of flow data on a single port.
- Antonio continued to work on his refactor of Enlinkd bridge discovery support.
Web & UI
- Christian continued his work improving performance of the exporters endpoint.
- Patrick fixed a calculation bug in the Top 25 event-analysis report.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Craig Gallen and Ronny Trommer will be attending iNOG and the RIPE Hackathon starting Thursday, June 21st in Dublin. Join them for a fun weekend of socializing, hacking, and networking (of all kinds).
OUCE 2018 will be held at the Rilano Hotel in Munich, Germany. A reception will be held on Wednesday the 19th, with talks and workshops the following Thursday and Friday. The call for papers is now open for submissions.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-96: Document the new flow datasource
- HZN-1280: Improve performance of /rest/flows/exporters endpoint
- HZN-1309: Refactor opennms-server.xml to only reflect Path Outage configurations
- HZN-1311: Make InterfaceToNodeCache refresh periodically
- HZN-1315: Rework ipc modules to have client and server bundles available for jms, kafka and sqs
- HZN-1318: Database model for "situations"
- NMS-9804: Documentation: Install Guide: Compatibility Matrix Outdated
- NMS-10164: Support customizing the default time zone when parsing dates in syslog messages
- ORG-68: The probably most practical alarming signal
- ORG-75: How to monitor LXC container