It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we continued development of the Sentinel container, RPC over Kafka, and Sextant, as well as other bug fixing.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Markus did more work on the Sentinel container, cleaning up what DAOs are accessible and other cleanup.
- Markus has started work on a health check tool that will work across Sentinel and Minion containers.
- Chandra did more work on support for RPC over Kafka.
- Jesse and David continued their work on a next-generation Alarmd (codename: Sextant) with full rules-based workflow management.
- Ronny did more work streamlining documentation.
- Chandra fixed Trapd and SNMP configs to properly validate against the XSD.
- David Hustace fixed a bug in alarm counter incrementing.
- Cyrille Bollu fixed a path outage documentation bug.
Web & UI
- Antonio continued his work on fixing the topology UI showing enlinkd links properly.
- Markus and Patrick worked on changes to make dates in the web UI consistent, and also configurable.
- I worked on including the Hawtio webapp in the OpenNMS distribution.
- David worked on adding Sextant support to Helm.
- Brynjar Eide added support for overriding time intervals and max datapoints in Helm.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Tarus will be speaking at the UK Network Operators Forum on September 11th, 2018. He'll be giving a talk called "What's Happening with OpenNMS" going over some of the recent enhancements to OpenNMS to extend scalability.
OUCE 2018 will be held at the Rilano Hotel in Munich, Germany. A reception will be held on Wednesday the 19th, with talks and workshops the following Thursday and Friday. The call for papers is now open for submissions.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-100: Allow specifying default and per query time intervals and max datapoints per query
- HZN-1321: Add ENTITY-MIB support for the 'entAliasMappingTable'
- HZN-1322: Add hardware info the node objects forwarded by the Kafka producer
- HZN-1341: Remove the karaf-extender from sentinel
- HZN-1342: Verify that all exposed DAOs for sentinel actually run on sentinel
- HZN-1349: Remove DemandPollDao and related classes as it is not used at the moment
- HZN-1350: Enhance REST API and HELM to allow datasource to be built from Situations
- HZN-1352: Allow any Alarm to be a Situation
- NMS-8295: bridge topology is wrong on nodelink.jsp
- NMS-9925: Can't install OpenNMS on Ubuntu 18.04
- NMS-10195: MIB2 interface errors are missing
- NMS-10230: repace current formatting in JSPs by custom tag
- NMS-10231: define a property in opnnms.properties for date formatting
- NMS-10243: apply custom tag to ncs-alarms.jsp
- NMS-10255: Bump asciidoctor from 1.5.6 to 1.5.7
- NMS-10258: enlinkd prints bridge forwarding table debug messages in output.log