It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we continued work on RPC over Kafka, Sextant, Enlinkd, and other bug fixes.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- David continued implementing a feedback mechanism for training/tuning Sextant correlations.
- Mike Kelly submitted a fix to the date format in the alarm northbounder.
- Chandra did more work on support for RPC over Kafka.
- Ronny worked on some theme cleanup in the OpenNMS documentation.
- Jesse fixed the reload event handling in Drools.
- Chandra did a bit more to the support for persisting data collection to Kafka.
- Christian fixed VMware code to use a pool of connections to avoid overloading the host system.
- Jesse did more work on Sextant configuration and cleanup, including support for configuration reload.
- Markus continued to work on tightening up the Sentinel container code.
- Markus worked on fixing an issue in RADIUS-related queries that could return wrong results.
- Christian did more work on SFlow issues.
Web & UI
- Antonio continued his work on fixing the topology UI showing enlinkd links properly.
- Markus and Patrick continued work on changes to make dates in the web UI consistent, and also configurable.
- Markus experimented with simplifying our Bootstrap-based theme code.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Tarus will be speaking at the UK Network Operators Forum on September 11th, 2018. He'll be giving a talk called "What's Happening with OpenNMS" going over some of the recent enhancements to OpenNMS to extend scalability.
OUCE 2018 will be held at the Rilano Hotel in Munich, Germany. A reception will be held on Wednesday the 19th, with talks and workshops the following Thursday and Friday. The call for papers is now open for submissions.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1206: Classify applications in received flows
- HZN-1324: RPC over Kafka
- HZN-1345: Provide a more flexible way of checking the connectivity/health of a sentinel/minion container
- HZN-1361: Make isUseDebugger() return false instead of true to fix flapping Camel Tests (e.g. HeartbeatBlueprintPerfIT)
- NMS-9858: Make hawtio available for OpenNMS as installable RPM/DEB
- NMS-10239: apply centralized datetime rendering to freemarker template(s)
- NMS-10242: Trapd does not validate config against XSD
- NMS-10257: Drools correlation engine do not always respond to targeted reloadDaemonConfig events
- NMS-10283: Web UI throws exception when filtering events