It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we continued work on RPC over Kafka, Sextant, Enlinkd, and other bug fixes.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Christian wrapped up his VMware cleanups.
- Markus wrapped up fixes for a RADIUS authentication bug.
- Jeff fixed a logging issue in provisioning that could cause excess logs relating to "not-polled" services.
- Christian did more work on handling non-directional SFlow data.
- Chandra did more work on support for RPC over Kafka.
- David continued implementing a feedback mechanism for training/tuning Sextant correlations.
- David Hustace did more work on his branch to clean up the handling of alarm clearing.
- Jesse worked added some metric checks to the health check tool.
- Markus updated the internal service API to support timing out, along with some other refactoring.
- Markus did more work on the health check tool.
- I worked on implementing a minion status tracker to update the minion status in the minion UI.
Web & UI
- Markus continued his experiment with simplifying our Bootstrap-based theme code.
- Patrick continued work on changes to make dates in the web UI consistent, and also configurable.
- Sebastian did more work on a daemon-reload page in the admin UI.
- Antonio continued his work on fixing the topology UI showing enlinkd links properly.
- Jesse added MD5 checksum handling to Helm.
- David worked on Sextant feedback support in Helm.
OUCE Is Coming Up Fast!
Don't forget to sign up for next month's OpenNMS User Conference Europe 2018 in Munich, Germany.
A number of folks from the core OpenNMS development team will be there speaking on a variety of subjects from development to integration to advanced configuration.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Tarus will be speaking at the UK Network Operators Forum on September 11th, 2018. He'll be giving a talk called "What's Happening with OpenNMS" going over some of the recent enhancements to OpenNMS to extend scalability.
OUCE 2018 will be held at the Rilano Hotel in Munich, Germany. A reception will be held on Wednesday the 19th, with talks and workshops the following Thursday and Friday. The call for papers is open for submissions.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1329: warnings and exceptions in telemetryd.log with sflow
- HZN-1334: Streamline documentation for installation of OpenNMS and Minion
- HZN-1339: Rework features definition for sentinel
- HZN-1340: Get DefaultSnmpCollectionAgent to run on sentinel
- HZN-1348: Allow Drools rule for Alarmd to be customized
- HZN-1363: Wrong descriptions for Quantile in Percentile and Outlier measurement filters
- NMS-8204: VMWare-Center-Monitoring make for every virtual machine a login/logout
- NMS-10213: Event Search Broken
- NMS-10215: Add support for persisting Data Collection to Kafka
- NMS-10221: Supporting flow records without direction field (ingress/egress)
- NMS-10228: use user defined time zone for date formatting
- NMS-10269: Update log4j2.xml with kafka logging
- NMS-10282: Change in JMS NBI Date Format
- NMS-10291: DefaultProvisionService logs noisily for monitored service having state "N"
- NMS-10303: ServiceLookup and TelemetryAdapterRegistry don't wait properly
- NMS-10304: Refactor timeseries applicationContext xml files with 'timeseries' prefix