It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we continued to wrap up projects in anticipation of Horizon 23.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Matthew did more work on leader election in Sentinel containers.
- David Hustace did a few more changes to the single-alarm feature.
- Dustin continued his work on supporting multiple flow protocols on a single port.
- Christian added support for VSphere alarms in the VmwareMonitor.
- Chandra worked on using H2 as a data store for storing sync queue messages.
- Alejandro worked on a Kafka auth issue on Minion.
- Markus worked on making Newts persistence work in Sentinel.
Web & UI
- I wrapped up my fixes to the navbar in the node maps.
- Sebastian did more work on creating a web UI for reloading daemons.
- Patrick worked on fixing an issue with the change icon feature in topology maps.
- Antonio did more work on the CDP topology ReST service.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Tarus will be speaking on Tuesday, November 6th about the latest features in OpenNMS including Minions, Telemetryd (flow support), Sextant (alarm correlation), and more.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1384: Extend /api/v2/alarms to provide better support for situations
- NMS-5223: Expose list of nodes under outage
- NMS-9747: add polling interval definition on service UI
- NMS-10332: Memory related env-variables from /etc/sysconfig/minion are not honored
- NMS-10340: Implement a OSGi-aware CollectionAgentFactory
- NMS-10342: navbar.ftl not rendering
- NMS-10356: Jdbc Query Monitor fails with nullPointerExecption