This Week in OpenNMS - October 8th, 2018 - Integration API, Kafka and Karaf updates, Enlinkd, Helm, and more!08, Oct
It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we started work on a generic OpenNMS integration API, Kafka and Karaf feature updates, Enlinkd, Helm, and more.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Chandra worked on reloadable daemons some more.
- Ronny continued his earlier work on cleaning up and refactoring the documentation.
- Jeff changed JVM startup to enable the attach listener by default.
- Jesse worked on creating a non-version-specific API for external tools to integrate with OpenNMS.
- Marcel added new datacollection config and graphs for new APC devices.
- Dustin continued to work on his branch to support multiple Netflow protocols on a single UDP port.
- Ron fixed some errors in the documentation.
- Matthew worked on improving Sentinel feature startup support.
- Chandra added health check support for Kafka Sink & RPC.
- Christian added timeouts to the VMware provisioner.
Web & UI
- Antonio continued to work on refactoring Enlinkd and topology code.
- I worked on improving the "Severity" column in Helm.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Tarus will be speaking on Tuesday, November 6th about the latest features in OpenNMS including Minions, Telemetryd (flow support), Sextant (alarm correlation), and more.
Also, some OpenNMS folks will be participating in the OSMC hackathon. The hackathon will be on Thursday, November 8th and includes dinner Wednesday night and Thursday access. More details can be found at the OpenNMS OSMC Hackathon meetup page.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- NMS-10294: LSB init script does not start Minion on Ubuntu/Debian
- NMS-10330: Sentinel init scripts fail to start the Karaf instance
- NMS-10371: Build tool to create a large tolology
- NMS-10381: webpack build runs even if source files are unchanged
- NMS-10384: Set JVM flag to start Attach listener by default
- NMS-10387: Class paths for collectd selector strategy in documentation is not correct
- NMS-10392: DNS Monitor doesn't allow for generally assumed parameters